Dentist Indooroopilly Advice on How to Keep Your Teeth White
Keeping your teeth white can be easier said than done. Even with the best intentions, it can be hard to maintain consistent dental hygiene. Perhaps you get home late and you’re so exhausted you fall straight into bed without brushing and flossing. Perhaps you’re a regular coffee drinker and indulge in red wine or curries on a regular basis. Perhaps the specials in the confectionary aisle are just a bit too hard to resist.
Whatever the cause, it can be easy to find one’s teeth becoming discoloured orstained. In this article your Dentist Indooroopilly will explore options you have for taking back your white teeth and keeping your teeth looking how you want them too. Even if you feel your teeth are already quite discoloured, there might still be ways you can become satisfied with a whiter smile again.
Firstly, here are the obvious dental tips
Most of us are familiar with the basic advice around oral hygiene. We will recap the basics below to reinforce how important these essential steps are in ensuring white teeth.
- Brush twice a day, for at least two minutes, using a dentist-approved toothpaste and preferably a toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Make sure to cover all areas of your teeth when you brush, including your upper and lower teeth and your back molars.
- Floss to make sure that no food is caught between your teeth.
- Consider using a dentist-approved mouthwash.
- Avoid or limit intake of sugary sweet foods such as cake and chocolate, or sweet drinks such as soft drinks.
- Try to avoid smoking, which is known to stain teeth.
Sounds familiar, right? We all know these tips and yet we do not always follow them. It is really a question of being disciplined and making sure to follow these tips every day.
Here are less obvious tips for keeping your teeth white
- Try to avoid consuming liquids that might stain your teeth. This includes coffee, tea and red wine. It can also include foods that are full of rich or dark colours such as beetroot and curries. If you do consume these items, consider drinking water or sparkling water afterwards to clear the staining liquid. You may also consider brushing about half an hour after consumption.
- If you are on any medications, consider talking to your doctor about whether these medications can impact the health of your teeth. There may or may not be an alternative available.
- Consider consuming foods that are good for your teeth. Calcium-rich dairy can help to strengthen your teeth.
- Drinking sweet beverages, consider using a straw so that the liquids do not pass over and linger on your teeth.
- Regularly visit your dentist Chelmer who can conduct a thorough dental hygiene clean that prevents the development of decay and plaque and keeps your enamel in good condition.
What if these tips aren’t working to whiten teeth?
If these tips aren’t working to whiten your teeth, it might be time to visit your Indooroopilly dentist and ask about teeth whiteninig. Your dentist Pullenvale can advise on an appropriate teeth whitening solution that will help restore your teeth to a more desired appearance. Many people often ask “how do celebrities keep their teeth so white?’’ and whitening is often the answer.
Your dentist near me can offerIn-surgery teeth whiteningIn-surgery whitening involves the use of Philips Zoom! Teeth Whitening system at your best clinic of Brisbane dentist. This is administered by your friendly dentist or emergency dentist at River City Dental, who will apply a peroxide gel to your teeth and use a specific type of light to enhance the bleaching effect. The treatment is considered suitable for most patientsand widely used around Australia, but with all dental procedures there are risks that will be explained to you by your dentist. Your suitability for the Zoom Whitening procedure will need to be assessed at your consultation appointment. .
Your dentist Fig Tree Pocket is likely to advise against the use of store-bought teeth whitening solutions, which may be ineffective or have a higher risk of tooth sensitivity. Many DIY tooth whitening products have emerged on the market, but these are best avoided..
If you think you could benefit from teeth whitening or would simply like to know more, don’t hesitate to contact your dentist near me, River City Dental, on (07) 3667 9595. You may also wish to explore other blogs on related topics such as dental veneers Indooroopilly or Everything you need to know about cosmetic dentistry Brisbane treatments.
You may also like our top 3 dentist tips for teeth brushing