New Year’s Resolutions for Healthier Teeth and Brighter Smile
1. Establish a regular dental check-up
Your dentist Indooroopilly recommends that you maintain a schedule of regular dental check-ups. One every six months is usually best for making healthier teeth and brighter smile. Dental check-up and cleans are important for a number of reasons, which makes them a much better option than only coming into the dentist when a problem arises.
Here are just a few reasons for regular dental check-ups:
- Routine check-up at your dentist Taringa will include a dental clean. This will remove built-up plaque and tartar from your teeth, preventing tooth decay. Your brush and floss at home do the best job they can, but they are no match for the professional tools that your dentist Indooroopilly can use.
- Your dentist near me can keep a better record of your dental health over time, and better understand your circumstances, which can influence the correct treatment methods that are appropriate for you.
- Dentist will undertake regular screenings for conditions such as oral cancer. They will also be able to look for developing tooth decay, gum disease or other issues.
- Your dentist near me can provide timely advice on whether your dental habits are up to scratch or if there’s anything you could be doing better.
- At our emergency dentist, we can fit you in at short notice if you have a dental emergency, but it does pay to book in advance to secure a time and date that is most convenient for you.
The start of 2022 is the perfect time to set up a new six-monthly dental check-up by contacting us on (07) 3667 9595 or emailing us at email@example.com. Simply book in an appointment now with River City Dental and when you’re finished your appointment, book with our friendly team in reception for six months’ time!
2. Be a good dental role-model for your children.
This tip is for those readers who have young children or even adolescent children who are at a stage of their life when they look to their parents for guidance on how to best conduct themselves.
Here a few extra reasons to be motivated to lead the way for your children establishing healthy dental habits.
- Your children will never be more malleable than when they’re young. The early years Are so important for establishing lifelong healthy habits.
- It is also highly important that you bring your child to the dentist at the appropriate age and allow them to become comfortable at the dentist. Dental anxiety can develop if this is not done at an early age.
- Children are more prone to dental issues such as tooth decaydue to their tendency to enjoy sweet foods and high sugar drinks! They are also prone to dental trauma as a result of playing in the outdoors and playing sports with friends.
- Baby teeth may not stay around for life, but they can still cause your child pain. They also play an important role in guiding adult teeth to develop naturally, and to keep teeth spaced how they should be.
To ensure the best possible experience at the dentist Pullenvale or dentist Chelmer with your child, there are a few things you can do:
- Bring them in when their baby teeth first become visible or when they are oneyear old.
- Never use a trip to the dentist Fig Tree Pocket as a threat.
- Get your child excited about losing their baby teeth by talking about the tooth fairy.
- Be calm during your trip to the dentist with them so that your calmness rubs off on them.
- Come for a family visit to your local family-friendly dentist in Brisbane to lead by example.
3. Follow a lifestyle that is good for your oral health.
Good oral health requires a lifestyle that is conducive to a bright smile and strong teeth. Here are four lifestyle tips you can follow in 2022 to ensure that your teeth stay healthy for longer:
- Wear a mouthguard when playing sports. The best mouthguards are moulded to be precise to your teeth, so you can wear them with comfort, and they don’t fall out. This will reduce the likelihood of dental damage due to impact injuries or head knocks. Even with a mouthguard, it’s a good idea to know where your nearest emergency dentist is. River City Dental is an emergency dentist for the Indooroopilly area of Brisbane.
- If you grind your teeth at night or unconsciously during the day, investigate reducing stress in your lifestyle. Is there something stressful you could be cutting back? Could you benefit from increasing your support network, or working less, or enjoying a bit more ‘me time’? You may also wish to investigate a custom-made nightguard. Your dentist Indooroopilly can create a mouthguard or nightguard that will prevent you from grinding your teeth at night.
- Cut back on the coffee and alcohol. Coffee can stain the teeth, resulting in discolouration. Alcohol can be acidic and lead to tooth decay or tooth erosion. Certain alcoholic beverages may also be packed with sugars, which encourages the development of plaque that eats away at your teeth and can result in cavities. If your teeth are already affected, you may need teeth-coloured dental fillings, or professional teeth whitening at a dentist near me.
- Drink more water and eat less sugar. And if you do have sugar (because even the most disciplined of us need a sweet treat now and then), drink water afterwards to help wash away the sugar. On a similar note, snack a little less if you can, and focus on eating nutritious but delicious main meals.
4. Save up for the dental treatment you’ve long dreamed about that will make you healthier and happier.
Have you long dreamed about a particular dental treatment? Maybe you have pictured yourself with whiter teeth after professional Zoom whitening. Or perhaps you are hoping to have porcelain crowns or porcelain veneers done to improve your smile. Or maybe you have long had an interest in invisible aligners (also known as invisible braces), but for whatever reason, not yet made the move to improve the appearance of your teeth.
But even beyond aesthetics, your cosmetic dentistry Brisbane may have a substantial benefit to the function of your mouth and your oral health. For example, a filling can both restore the damage done by decay and match your surrounding teeth. A dental implant fitted with a dental crown can not only replace your missing tooth, but it can help you to chew, stop your teeth from shifting, protect your gums, and maintain the appearance of your jaw and cheeks.
So perhaps 2022 can be the year when you take the plunge and put together the savings you need. It also pays to investigate the pricing at different dentists that are available in your area. You will want a dentist Indooroopilly who offers a fair and affordable price, but who is backed by a strong reputation that they’ve earned through years of reliably serving the community.
5. Find relief for your ongoing dental pain
There’s no beating around the bush, dental pain holds us back in life. When we are experiencing a throbbing pain in our teeth, or tooth pain that comes and goes, we aren’t quite ourselves. It’s harder to focus andharder to get things done.
Life after tooth pain is a lot brighter, but it can be hard to find the time to go to the dentist to get it treated. 2022 presents the perfect opportunity to turn your dental health around with a trip to your dentist Taringa or dentist Chelmer to finally find relief for your tooth ache.
6. Have your missing teeth replaced to create a full smile
There are many ways in which we can lose teeth. It could be that you developed fewer adult teeth than normally develop due to a genetic condition. It could be through advanced tooth decay or gum disease. Whatever the cause, isn’t it time you had your tooth replaced? Increased confidence and wellbeing await on the other side of dental implants at your friendly and experienced dentist Indooroopilly.
As we described above in the point about the wide-ranging benefits of different types of cosmetic treatments, replacing your missing tooth can do a lot more than fill your smile. It can protect your gums from hard foods pressing down into them when you chew. It can prevent decay from forming right against your gums. A tooth replacement can prevent your other teeth from shifting place, and dental implants can also maintain the appearance of your face (when your mouth is closed) by not allowing the bone structure in your face to shrink.
However, before you get dental implants done, first consider whether you are going to the right dentist for the job. Not all Brisbane dentists are equal when it comes to dental implants in Indooroopilly. Here at River City Dental, we specialise in Brisbane dental implants to replace missing teeth. Our very own Dr John Bacalakis has undertaken extensive postgraduate studies in implant dentistry and is a proud member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists, so he’s the perfect Indooroopilly dentist to trust with this important dental procedure.
7. Review your dental routine at home
Dental care at home is one of those things that becomes a habit we don’t question or re-examine. It’s like driving a car, kicking a football, or the way you wash the dishes. It’s not impossible for the wrong habits to become ingrained or to fail to follow the best possible technique. The new year provides the ideal timing to review how you brush, floss, rinse and the like. Here are just a few key questions to ask yourself:
- Are you brushing too hard? The mind is often on other things when you brush and it’s easy to start pressing a bit hard. This can aggravate the gums and wear away the gums causing gum recession.
- Is your toothbrush up to scratch? Does it have hard bristles or soft, and what’s right for your teeth in particular? Remember, it’s not just your technique but your tools. Your dentist Taringa can advise if you’re using the right ones.
- Floss plays an essential role in preventing decay by removing plaque and debris that the toothbrush can’t quite reach between the teeth. It’s an aspect of our oral health that many of us miss, but see if you can find the motivation in 2022 to start flossing.
- Are you brushing enough? Most of us know how much we ought to brush twice a day, but do we do what’s best regularly and every day?
Your local dentist Indooroopilly River City Dental can provide more tailored and in-depth advice on your dental health routine, and support you in your 2022 dental goals. Contact us on (07) 3667 9595 firstname.lastname@example.org take the first step.
You may also like how to get white teeth in minutes