Reminder: Use your private health funds before the end of the calendar year
Generally, Australian health funds have a benefit period of one calendar year. This means you have a set amount of claims (or dollar limit of claiming) that can be used per person, per twelve month period.
In almost all instances, private health fund benefits do not roll over into the new year, meaning it is best to maximise your usage of the insurance cover until you reach your annual limit. It’s all about getting bang for your buck!
By booking in for a dental appointment with your Indooroopilly dentist before the end of 2020, you can make the most of your health fund benefits and still have full ability to claim when your annual limit refreshes in January. There are just a few key things to bear in mind:
- All health funds are different. If you are unsure whether your health insurance annual limits reset at the beginning of the new year, it is best to contact them directly and request information on your specific insurance plan.
- Most dentists are very busy during the final months of the year. Many people maximise use of their health funds at the end of the calendar year, so appointment availabilities tend to fill up quickly. Contact River City Dental, your Indooroopilly dentist, as soon as possible to ensure there is a time available for your check-up and clean or other dental treatment.
Why should you visit your dentist near me for a check-up now?
With the busy festive season approaching, many of us are beginning to develop long ‘to do’ lists to help us get all loose ends tied up before the year draws to a close. Between the Christmas shopping and New Year parties, be sure to make room for a dental appointment with your dentist Indooroopilly.
Using up your remaining private health funds before the end of the calendar year is just one reason to make an appointment with an Indooroopilly dentist. Here are a few more reasons to book a check-up in November or December:
- Get your teeth and gums checked by a dentist before the new year. Stop procrastinating! Most people like to start a new year on the right foot, meaning their health and wellbeing is prioritised from the get-go.
- Have a professional hygiene treatment and clean before your Christmas social events. Your smile is the feature people notice the most, so if you want to make a positive impression at your festive events, book a hygiene treatment at your Indooroopilly dentist.
- Start considering and planning any cosmetic dentistry or orthodontic treatment for 2021. If you have considered cosmetic dental or orthodontic treatments in the past, the new year could be the time to make it happen. Think of it as your new year’s resolution. Our dentist would be happy to discuss your dental concerns at your next general check-up, and then make a plan to repair or restore your teeth and gums.
- Because coronavirus has majorly impacted the community this year, many people have forgotten to visit their dentist for their biannual check-ups. Some dentists were closed for short periods during the pandemic, meaning appointments may have been cancelled or postponed. If you have missed your check-up, now is the perfect time to catch up and ensure your oral health is still being maintained.
- The Christmas period may be the most convenient opportunity for you to send your entire family to the dentist. If you are lucky to have time off work over the festive period, it may be one of the few opportunities you get during the year to visit a dentist near me. This is also likely to be a time when your kids are away from school and their social sporting activities aren’t running – meaning a dentist appointment will be much simpler to arrange now, rather than when extracurricular activities begin consuming their free time again.
Does our dentist Indooroopilly accept health funds?
At River City Dental, our Indooroopilly dentists are glad to accept all major health funds. We pride ourselves on being an all-inclusive dental clinic, meaning we can assist clients with or without private health insurance cover.
If you would like more information about pricing, gap fees, or health fund coverage, contact our clinic for specific information today. Our experienced team would be glad to answer your questions.
For those who are looking for an affordable dentist, browse our website to learn about current offers for new and existing clients. To take advantage of any of our offers, touch base with our team by phoning (07) 3667 9595 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.